The Core Payment hourly rate is dependent upon the EMIS User Type setting which has been defined in EMIS by the provider (please see below) The provider is encourage to check the EMIS user type is correctly applied to each individual to ensure payment are accurate. It is the responsibility of the provider to ensure that these checks have been undertaken.
- General Medical Practitioner
- Assistant GP
- Associate Practitioner – General Practitioner
- Locum GP
- GP Registrar
- Salaried General Practitioner
- Sessional GP
- Specialist Nurse Practitioner: The Royal College of Nursing describes the Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) role as “Advanced nurse practitioners (ANP) are educated at masters level in advanced practice and are assessed as competent in practice, using expert knowledge and skills”.
- Associate Specialist: The Department of Health describes the Physician Associate role as, “a new healthcare professional who, while not a doctor, works to the medical model, with the attitudes, skills and knowledge base to deliver holistic care and treatment within the general medical and/or general practice team under defined levels of supervision”
- Staff Nurse
- Clinical Assistant