How to make a complaint

How to make a complaint

We take feedback and complaints very seriously and do our best to use the information to improve the services we provide.

You should be treated with courtesy and respect at all times by our staff and making a comment or complaints about services will not prejudice the care that you or your relatives are given.

Contact us at:

Complaints Manager
Battersea Healthcare CIC
Apsley House, 2nd Floor, Room 11,
176 Upper Richmond Road,
London, SW15 2SH

Telephone: 020 7228 6654

Who can complain?

  • A Patient
  • Someone acting on behalf of the patient with their written consent
  • Anyone affected by the actions of an NHS body

What can’t be dealt with in this process?

  • Complaints about privately funded healthcare
  • A matter that has already been investigated
  • Matters relating to the Freedom of Information Act or the Data Protection Act
  • A matter that may compromise any legal proceedings or police investigation
  • A complaint made by a health organisation about another health organisation
  • Complaints about employment or contractual issues with the NHS

How to complain

If you have a complaint or concern the quickest way to resolve it is to speak to the manager of the service. If they can resolve the problem straight away they will do so. You can contact the Complaints Manager by telephone, e-mail or letter (details above).

When to complain

Make your complaint as soon as possible, while memories are still fresh. Usually we will only deal with complaints made within 12 months of the event you are complaining about or within 12 months of finding out that you had something to complain about. This time limit may be waived if there are good reasons why you were not able to complain earlier and if it is still possible to carry out an effective investigation.

What to include when making a complaint

  • Your name, address, e-mail (if possible) and telephone number
  • The full name, address, e-mail (if possible) and telephone number of the patient concerned
  • If you are not the patient, written permission from the patient for you to take up the complaint on their behalf (a signature on the letter is acceptable)
  • A summary of what happened with the dates if possible
  • A list of questions that you would like answered
  • What you want to happen as a result of your complaint
  • Permission for us to copy the complaint to the people who need to take part in the investigation

What will happen next?

We will investigate your complaint as quickly and effectively as possible. We will keep you informed about the process of our investigation. When we have completed our investigation we will let you know our findings and any improvements that have already been made or will be made as a result of your complaint.

We hope that we can resolve your complaint at this stage. If you are not satisfied, contact us and we will discuss with you what else we might be able to do. If you continue to be unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, you can ask the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) to review your complaint.

You can contact the PHSO using the following details:

Helpline: 0345 015 4033 (08:30-17:30 Monday to Firday)

Who can help you make a complaint?

The Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service (IHCA) is an independent organisation established to advise, support and represent patients in making complaints about their health treatment and they provide assistance free of charge. They can accompany you to meetings to discuss your complaint and can provide the support of an interpreter if needed.

You can contact IHCA at the address below:

Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service (IHCA)
PO Box 375
East Sussex
TN34 9HU

Telephone: 01892 540 490