Single point of Access
Battersea Healthcare provides the Musculoskeletal Single Point of Access (MSK SPOA) triage service for Wandsworth. The MSK SPOA triages patients to ensure they are seen by the correct MSK service in Wandsworth, this enables patients to be directed to the right service best placed to assist in assessing and managing their symptoms.
Referral to the Single Point of Access
Once referred to the Single point of access, your referral will be processed and will under go clinical triage, this means that a Clinician will review the information and decide which service is best placed to help manage your problem. Whichever service you are referred to to you will undergo a specialist assessment first. The services vary but may offer you assessment, diagnostics and treatment, this may include imaging (MRI/Ultrasound scans or blood tests), Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, pain management, Injection therapy, review and monitoring or surgery or other interventions.
Services you may be referred to following referral to single point of Access
- Physiotherapy (this is offered by several providers within Wandsworth under the Any Qualified Provider – AQP please see list below)
- MICAS (click to re-direct to MICAS section)
- Pain management
- Supported Self Management
- Telephone Consultations
Appointments and Booking Process
The single point of access do not manage your appointments or bookings, the bookings for your appointment will be made by the service you have been referred to, you will need to contact them directly to find out the status of your appointment, the single point of access can however clarify where your referral has been directed if you are unsure.
If you have been referred by your GP for Physiotherapy it may fall under the Any Qualified Provider option (AQP), this means that you have choice in where you can attend for your appointment, you will generally make this decision with your GP at the point of referral. Once the Single point of access receive the referral it will be forwarded to the correct Physiotherapy provider based on what you and your GP has chosen. Any qualified provider (AQP) means that when patients are referred for a particular service, they are able to choose from a list of providers that meet NHS service quality and requirements and obligations. Once the referral has been sent to the chosen provider they will make contact to book an appointment with you.
Please see below a list of MSK providers for further information click on the company logo.
What our patients say about our services
- Thank you so much for all your help – you’re a fabulous team.
- Fantastic service, I felt my concerns were listened to and respected.
- Very helpful and patient in answering all my questions
- Fantastic service, very efficient and thoughtful.
- Thank you I just wanted to say my experience with BHCIC was wonderful. The lady I spoke to in the administration team at SPOA was extremely polite and helpful. I want to pass on my gratitude.
- Just a brief word of thanks and appreciation regarding your admin team, she has been very thorough and helpful chasing up my referral details and has really cheered me up. Here’s wishing her every success…
100% of patients asked through June, July and August said that they would recommend our services to friends and family.
We value your feedback – please click on the link below to leave your feedback
Appointments and Booking Process
You can contact the SPOA on 0207 228 6654.
SPOA access MSK HUB is based at Bolingbroke Medical Centre
2,837 total views, 2 views today