The Wandsworth Training Hub is one of 12 Training Hubs across south London with the primary aim to support the co-ordination and delivery of workforce development and education opportunities across Wandsworth. Funded by Health Education England, our overarching Training Hub objectives are to:
- increase community placements for pre-registration professionals
- support workforce development
- support new transformative ways of working
- continue the development of the Training Hub entity
- workforce planning/ future workforce &
- multi-professional training opportunities
Our broad Training Hub objectives are to:
- Support the existing workforce; support the implementation of the Wandsworth Primary Care at Scale programme of work and the GP Forward View (GPFV) care navigation & medical assistant agenda. Continue to work collaboratively with the CCG and the other SWL Training Hubs to deliver training for existing staff for where provision is lacking and with a greater emphasis on multi-professional and multi-agency working.
- Support the future workforce; raise the profile of careers in primary care, in particular; general practice nursing (GPN), nurse mentorship, student nurse placements and the 2018 GPN programme. Continue to facilitate multi-professional placements for undergraduate/pre-registration students. Engage with local apprentice providers to promote training opportunities in primary care. Attend local school careers fairs to promote careers in primary care.
- Support the system; support the SWL Strategic Transformation Partnership (STP) to deliver the GP Forward View priorities and Wandsworth Primary Care at Scale programme of work. Continue to support the SWL GP resilience programmes, offering value and collaborative working across the SWL Training Hubs.
- Data collection; develop Training Hub capability to source and provide accurate workforce information. Delivery of the KPI’s is a crucial step in supporting the business case for the sustainability of Training Hubs.
The Wandsworth Training Hub has grown considerably, in terms of knowledge and capacity. We now have an education team in place, supporting the delivery of a variety of workforce development projects, working collaboratively with other Training Hubs and the South West London STP. Our network is continuing to grow and we’re really pleased to be working closely with HEE, CLCH, SWL St Georges Mental Health Trust, Age UK Wandsworth, Kingston & St Georges University, Wandsworth Care Homes, The Royal Trinity Hospice, Public Health and Community Pharmacy.