The clinic will be supported by the Clinical Nurse Specialist at BWRU who will be responsible for receiving referrals; arranging patient attendance; meeting patient on arrival and completing initial assessment proforma and clinical investigations as required. Where possible the CNS role will be covered when absent during the pilot.
The Consultant/ GP will provide the medical assessment, review, decision making and action plan and the resource to the clinic will be as follows:
- Monday: Dr Malin Farnsworth, Consultant Geriatrician
- Tuesday: Dr Duncan Gerry, Consultant Geriatrician
- Wednesday: Dr Harold Lo, Consultant Geriatrician
- Thursday: Dr Aimee Billington, GP Complex Care Team
- Friday: Dr John Rochford, GP Complex Care Team
Rapid Access Clinic Pilot Pathway